• Introducing Throw Back Thursdays

Posted on August 22, 2013 by in Latest Updates, My Projects, Throw Back Thursdays

Somewhere in the Internet world someone started Throw Back Thursday, I have seen it use as a way to post old photos of self and family, places and times.

I am going to start Throw Back Thursdays with a knitting twist. I am going to combined it with Work in Progress (WIP) Wednesday, but these will be old, abandoned, long forgotten, do I still have to pattern for this, WIPs that will have to pull out of storage.  I have many of them, I am sad to say.

I’ll confess I am a serial starter and a feeble finisher. I love the high of a new project, all packed with potential, the sky is the limit and it is going to be perfect. As days turn into weeks and my yarn and project lose their luster, I lose interest and start something new all packed with potential, the sky is the limit and it is going to be perfect. I am just a knitting hamster on a shiny, squeaky wheel.

Anyways back on topic….

Here are many of my abandoned projects;

27 projects

You will be meeting each one and helping me decided Save it for Someday, Rip It and Recycle into something new, or Give it way. I wish there was a thrift store for completely abandoned projects maybe some one some where would want it, like the land of misfit toys.

27 projects for Throw Back Thursdays

To encourage crowd participation there will be some Prizes!! Books, tools, notions, bags, some yarn and perhaps the project itself.  All you have to do is leave a comment here on my blog. So keep an eye out every Thursday for a Throw Back!!

See Ya Next Thursday!!

Kate

17 Responses so far.

1. Benita says:

Holey cow! You have me topped in this. And I was feeling guilty about the scarf and sweater I haven’t finished after two years.

2. Love all of your unfinished projects they’re really colorful! I have many projects like that too.I do agree its the high that we all get from wanting to start something new.

3. Paula says:

Some of your projects and resume are making me feel like your the Jedi knitter! Love to participate! And help salvage/save/donate your forgotten projects!

4. Janice says:

I love the TBT idea. So is Friday the resurrection day or the funeral?

5. Ann says:

Oh dear!!

6. kelly williams says:

I should start doing this as well, I have various forgotten projects all over the place. I dug out a cross stitch that had been under the bed for 4 years and finished it lol, maybe should get the shawl i’ve been making fr 2 years out as well…

7. I want the one with the varigated yarn that goes from blues and greens to browns and whites. Garter stitch. What lovely yarn!!!

8. Monika says:

I totally understand the lure of a new project. Sometimes I keep the bill for the yarn with my project, that determines if it gets finished (only if I still like the project) or the yarn gets repositioned into something new.

9. Kimberly says:

I’m in! I want to join in the fun of attacking WIPs too. <3

10. Susan says:

I’m in too. I am currently try to move recently collected yarn and half-finished projects out of the living room. It is a bit of a treasure hunt.. what’s this? Oooh, those are lovely, should finish it, make the mate, sew it up, knit the thumb, Kitchener the toe, yada, yada, yada! Having a new granddaughter to knit for has put a crimp in all other knitting, Finishitis abounds!

11. Susie says:

Love that colorful pile. Can’t wait to see what it all is!

12. Karen Bobren says:

This sounds inspiring and a good thing thank you very much.

13. Alexis says:

Have you considered using the unfinished projects as prizes? I see tons of things I’d be delighted to win. 😉

14. Kate says:

Yes Alexis I have-
    I am pretty sure there are a few that will be.
    If not the whole project the left over yarn will definitely be a prize.

15. […] Lemmers has embraced her WIPs and created a series “Throw Back Thursdays” on her blog. Since her announcement of “TBT” last week, she has discovered 30 WIPs that will be […]

16. Jeanie says:

I see a couple already the MUST be completed…someday!

17. Jeanie says:

Is that a ‘Jayne’ hat in that pile? and all those needles and stitch markers!

Contact Form Powered By : XYZScripts.com